If you have yet to receive your miracle…if God seems silent and far away from
you…there is hope, but you will need to be honest with yourself and explore
some areas of your heart.
During my 30 years as a pastor, I’ve known people who were angry because they
didn’t receive an answer to prayer. They heard me preach about how God is
still working miracles today, (and He is!) but when those miracles didn’t
manifest in their own lives, they got angry. Some even left the church or
stopped listening to God!
Oftentimes as I talked with them, I learned there was an area of wounding that
went much deeper than the physical symptoms they were seeking prayer for.
There was anger, bitterness and unforgiveness festering in their hearts.
That’s dangerous, because unforgiveness stops the blessings of God. In fact, it
stops the forgiveness of God! The Bible says we must first forgive others
before God will forgive us—don’t let a grudge stand in the way of your
relationship with Him.
If you have unforgiveness in your heart, release it now to Jesus. Let the
healing presence of God flow into your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment