Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Early Church: Restoring the biblical model

Introduction:

Church = Greek Ecclesia i.e. Assembly; from a root - called out; the body of Christ universal & the local "assembly."

This series focuses on the local Assembly of call out ones, of the body of Christ.

This came from time in prayer and writing down what the vision of the "church" God placed in my Spirit "looks like." When I was advised by a Great man of God and a great friend and Spiritual mentor to do this, I just started writing and then as I went back, I began to see that it was simply the early church.
It is important to do this ahead of time so both you and those following know where you are going. Where we are going, I found, is not new but God's original blueprint. The delivery, style, etc. may be new, but that is a point of stumbling for many that Satan has used to keep the Ecclesia from moving forward for far too long so religious Spirits are being cast down. We are not going to dwell there for now.

This verse of Scripture came to mind as I was writing these points down originally on my iPad tablet: (note the modern use of Tablets and Habakkuk's.

Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. (Habakkuk 2:2 NKJV)

This will be a daily series, Monday through Friday for a few weeks, starting today. It will be short posts with minimum commentary and references. Look for the first soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment